Eye Disorders and How to Treat them
The information in the following links is adapted from my text entitled "Ophthalmology in Primary Care" published by The Royal College of General Practitioners and available for purchase here.
This section is designed to give you an understanding of the various conditions you may see and the vast number of pathological diagnoses you may get back from the hospital.
This is a list of each condition that will give you guidance as to:
- what's going on?,
- what you'll find if you examine the patient,
- what to do if you've diagnosed it,
- a rough guide as to what the hospital will do with the patient after referral,
- what you need to do with your patient,
- what to tell your patient and
- potential problems that may arise, and how to deal with them.
It should be emphasised that these are rough guidelines and each patient will have to be managed according to the specific clinical scenario.
You can always ask generic questions about any of these disorders by email.
If a condition you want to know about is not here let us know and we will add a section on it shortly.